Boh Bros. developed the Boh Jet Vacuum Excavation System to increase excavation productivity and enhance personnel safety.
The system was issued U.S. Patent #8,858,124 on October 14, 2014 making it unique to Boh Bros. The system consists of a traditional vacuum truck that supplies high-pressure water and/or air to the Boh jet vacuum attachment, which is mounted on a common excavator.
- Exploratory excavation to identify, map, and survey underground utilities/obstructions
- Cleaning manholes, valve boxes, pits, sumps, drainage systems, and culverts
- General excavation, potholing, trenching and shoring
“When we looked at this particular project, I knew we needed Boh Bros. using their hydro excavation expertise. This is the best technology I’ve seen utilized in a setting such as ours. Nothing compares to it when it comes to safety, protecting the environment and damage prevention of our pipeline.”
Tim Thibodaux, LOCAP Supervisor
- Production rates are 3-4 times faster than traditional systems
- The Dual Equipment System offers the ability to change attachments to perform a variety of tasks
- The excavator delicately navigates around utilities, pipelines, and fiber optic cables
- Offers continual discharge of excavated materials by using vacuum pumps, multiple trucks and containment areas, resulting in less down time
- Unlike common vacuum excavation methods where personnel are exposed to numerous safety hazards, such as airborne debris, contaminated areas, hazardous conditions, and slips/falls, the operator of the Boh Jet Vacuum Excavation System works safely inside the cab unexposed to these hazards
- Front cameras and monitors give the operator more control to maneuver the attachment, while a rear camera provides additional safety
- An air-monitoring device and gas detector trigger an alarm in the cab when abnormalities are detected